Teamwork is one of the keys to success for any company, and team building is a great strategy to achieve it with activities such as group meals, open air sports or cooking classes, among others.
What is team building?
“Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.” This is the definition of the concept of team building in the words of its creator, Henry Ford.
Nevertheless, what does team building mean? Team building is a strategy intended to improve and strengthen professional relationships within a work team whilst fostering trust between its members.
Why focus on team building?
A cohesive team is a successful team. That being so, why is it important to apply team building in the daily routine of a company and what can be achieved through it?
- Increased team motivation
- Increased commitment towards established goals
- A good work environment
- Eases communication between team members
- Ultimately, it helps the team grow professionally, thus adding value to the company
A team building meal
One of the best ways to promote team building is to hold a group meal. Ideally, you should have a private space in the restaurant that would provide you with the greatest amount of freedom. This is not only about enjoying a fine menu, but also about finding a pleasant place to relax and to get the entire team to pull in the same direction.
What other tips should you keep in mind?
- This activity should be clearly set apart from the remainder of daily activities pertaining to work as such.
- You should design the event in advance based on the targets you wish to achieve, the type of team you are working with and whatever problems need solving.
- Throughout the meal or after it, you can formulate a challenge to be overcome as a team that would require the participants to work together.
- In order to achieve the best results, we recommend that the session be led by an expert in team building.
Now that you know what team building is and how it can contribute to the daily life of a business, what are you waiting for to make a reservation at El Principal de l’Eixample?